Leadership Opportunities And Election Info
Indiana Soybean Alliance Election Information
Each year, the Indiana Soybean Alliance (ISA) conducts an election to place farmer-leaders on its Board of Directors. The 24-member board is responsible for annually investing Indiana soybean checkoff funds in Market Development, Sustainability, Value Creation and Producer Engagement programs.
Candidates for nomination must be:
- An individual who (i) resides in Indiana,
- Produces soybeans or has an ownership interest in an entity which produces soybeans and shares in the risk of loss of soybean production
- Has paid within the last two years into the federal soybean check-off administered by the ISA,
- Is not in arrears or default on such payments,
- Has not previously been involved in actions which were found by the ISA Board of Directors to be a violation of the code of conduct of the ISA and resulted in such candidate’s removal or resignation from the ISA Board of Directors.
- No immediate family member of a director shall serve on the board at the same time as that director.
If you qualify and would like to petition to be a Director on the ISA Board, please click the button to download and complete the Director Expectation Statement and Petition and submit it no later than March 4, 2022.
Don’t want to be a part of the board, but still want to be a part of ISA? Become a member today!
American Soybean Association DuPont Young Leader Program
The ASA DuPont Young Leader program is a leadership program designed for soybean growers and their spouses/significant others who are interested in developing their skills to represent the ideals of soybean growers domestically and internationally, and pursue leadership positions at the state and/or national level. The cost of airline flights, hotel rooms, ground transportation, meals, etc. for all participants and their spouses is included.
AG Leader Source Online Training Modules
AG Leader Source is an online portal of training modules that provides soybean farmers an opportunity to grow and develop their board leadership skills. AG Leader Source is supported by the state soybean organizations and the United Soybean Board. It is funded solely with soybean checkoff dollars. Any soybean farmer can participate in the training sessions.
Indiana Soybean Alliance offers tuition scholarships to soybean farmers who are accepted into the Indiana’s Agriculture Leadership Program, AgriInstitute.
Contact us to learn more about the AgriInstitute program and the scholarship opportunities.
Share your story with Indiana consumers at the great Indiana State Fair! ISA is looking for farmers, like you, to volunteer at the Glass Barn during the fair for four-hour shifts.
T-shirt, ticket and meal voucher included!